Friday 13 April 2018

Designing a cowl.

For me my journey into designing is a magical one.

I studied knitwear design degree many years ago.  I have made many many patterns produced by the incredible talent that is available now thanks to social media and websites such as Ravelry.com.

Slowly over the months I have been practicing and working on design idea's and enjoying the journey.

After socks my next project was a cowl design that was inspired by Fairies.  




For me the yarn is often my starting point for the inspiration to a design.  

For my full length cowl I used West Green Loft Yarn. 

The colours that Vykky dyes are just beautiful and worked perfectly with my idea for the design.





I also produced a medium sized cowl which I gifted to my mum using West Yorkshire Spinners and King Cole yarn.




My final size was the small which I added beading too and gifted to my dear friend Karen.

For this I used mini skeins dyed by Vicki Brown another very talented yarn dyer.


My next design journey is taking me into the realms of garment making which is something that is just so rewarding. 

So until next time have a great weekend and hears hoping that it warms up soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara
    The colours of your cowls are beautiful and full of warmth. It seems ridiculous that we're into Spring and still having to wear a cowl or scarf to keep us warm doesn't it. Have a lovely weekend and enjoy your continuing design journey.

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mitzi

      The cooler weather is perfect for knits, but not popular with everyone.

      I do love the colours and simplicity of the design.

      Blink and weekend gone though.

      Delete

Welford Park snowdrops in the Spring

This weekend I drove an hour from home to visit Welford Park . They have an incredible display of snowdrops that I had not seen before.  You...