Sunday 15 October 2017

Just socks!!

I have been knitting socks for nearly ten years.  Initially I started with just plain stocking stitch pattern.  But last year I decided to start designing my own.

This year I released my first design called Twisted Journeys.  The sock was inspired by my travel on a train from Cheltenham to Skipton to visit the annual yarn show where I have shared my recent trip this year 2017 and 2015 in my blog.

I love train travel the anticipation of visiting places and the ability to see places wizz by whilst you are able to sit and knit is always fun.

So during this four hour journey the ideas began to develop in my mind and over a period of time the design progress evolved.


I started to knitting the design whilst staying in a gorgeous cottage in Skipton.


I took them everywhere with me, I sat and knitted in the sunshine after at day at the show with the icon Skipton landmark and high street to look at. I do love people watching and knitting.
 

It came to Copper's cafe with me a great stop off for so many who not only want a delicious bite to eat but want to visit Lucy of Attic 24 studio that is open for the weekend of the show.


The second sock was then cast on when I took a trip to The Wool Sanctuary in Weston Super Mare.  An incredible venue full of amazingly lively and lovely ladies who meet once a fortnight.


By now I had two lovely cheerful colourful socks.
The yellow knitted with Eden Cottage Tempo 4 ply.
The pink and Grey where knitted using West Green Loft Yarn Merino blend sock yarn in colour ways called "Blush" and "Granite". 


For the final test knit and photo shot for the pattern we were away on holiday in Bulgaria and I enjoyed the warmth of the sun and had the assistance of my partner who modelled the sock for me.


This sock pattern is available to buy from Ravelry if you would like to enjoy your own journey.

Coming soon will be a great new boot sock just ready for the onset of winter.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...