Tuesday 29 September 2015

Skipton to Haworth

This weekend I had an amazing opportunity to take a trip to Yorkshire and visit Skipton to go to  Yarndale .  This time I shared accommodation with friend and her parents.

It was in a lovely quiet area called "middle town".  Every road you looked down you saw the Dales.





I found this lovely derelict building on the way to the railway station,  I just loved the colours. 


We took the train from Skipton to Haworth.  On the route we went past Oakworth station where they filmed Railway Children film




We had a walk up from the train station through the very pretty park.

Walking up the hill I came across this great idea for a planter.


I loved this decoupage covered bike too.


Along with a trip on the steam train I really wanted to visit the Brontë Parsonage Museum




This was the local Church that the Brontë's attended.



From the Parsonage you could walk through the churchyard and then take a walk up to the moors, now named the Brontë Way.



Once up on the Moor I just felt at peace and just felt so close to my dad.  He was taken from us last year and I miss him so much but growing up we were always out walking and he would adhore this view.



This lovely train was for our return journey.



I hope you have enjoyed my dip into Yorkshire.   The next blog I will share my passion for all things wool and creative people related.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...