Wednesday 27 August 2014

Lavender Shawl

In July I drove past the most beautiful Lavender fields.



Inspired by this I decided to cast on some yarn I had purchased from a company called Mo & Co based in Yorkshire. They were new to yarn shows and they exhibited for the first time at Yarndale.

The yarn is 90% British Mohair from Angora goats kept in Yorkshire and 10% British Blue Faced Leicester.

The colours were completely perfect purple and lime green I was looking for.

Here is the journey of the shawl from beginning to end which was photographed at Slimbridge Wetlands Trust.








I look forward to many hours of wearing this and showing it to the yarn suppliers at this year's Yarndale.

1 comment:

  1. Those colours are two of my favourite combos and you've used them to great effect. I bet the yarn suppliers will love it :-D

    ReplyDelete

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...